Cats & Dogs Magazine July 2014
Just a Normal Person
By Janet Vormittag
Jeannie Vos has a calling to work with animals. "That's where my heart is," she said. Most people who are called to do such work become veterinarians, groomers, pet-sitters or trainers. Vos helps animals on another level. She's an Animal Communicator.
"My purpose is to raise awareness that animals have a soul," she said.
When Vos was a child she saw human spirits, but she realized not everyone saw them and kept the ability a secret. It wasn't until she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and learned about Reiki and meditation that she discovered her psychic screen. "I can clearly see images that play there," Vos said. She feels her Cherokee ancestry, in part, may give her a strong connection to nature and animals. IN regards to her psychic abilities, "I'm wired for it," she said.
On the other hand, she questions why she can do what she does. "I'm just a normal person. Why me? A chubby white girl who likes bling. I don't know how I ended up with these abilities. I'm humbled, honored by it, and take it very seriously."
On her learning path, a shaman told her she needed to read a book, Animal Speak: The Spirutual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small, by Ted Andrews.
"My whole life changed. It led to non-stop study of working with animals and spirits," she said.
Vos is now a Reiki Master and an Animal Path Reiki Practitioner. She writes a monthly column on Totem Animals and hosts Animal Totem Hour every third Monday of the month.
When she first started communicating with animals, she wasn't sure what was going on. She could see pets who had died, but she could also do a "soul connection" with living animals. To practice her new-found skill, she started a Facebook page and offered free sessions to the first 100 people. She has since had more than 2,000 sessions and has national and international clients.
When working with an animal, Vos prefers to do it from a distance so she's not distracted with the animal wanting physical attention. She mostly works on behavioral issues. With cats, its usually litter-box related, with dogs its aggression.
People are sometimes skeptic of Vos' abilities and she frequently has to prove herself.
Vos offered to communicate with one of my cats. I asked her to talk to Geo, my neutered kitty who feels the need to mark his territory by spraying. A couple days later, Vos e-mailed me a detailed report. Knowing only his name and spraying habit, Vos was able to tell me quite a lot about my Geo Cat. She mentioned his skin problem and nailed his personality. She couldn't understand why Geo sent her a time-lapsed image of flowers blooming. I knew why. Geo's favorite place to sit is at the window overlooking my flower garden. Since her "talk" with Geo, he seems to be more trusting and loving. I haven't seen any new spray, but time will tell.
Vos' most memorable session was with a retired circus lion who had been shuffled around and mistreated. Juba eventually landed in a sanctuary, and his caretakers reached out to Vos for help. She performed an Animal Communication, Reiki and Healing Session with him and was able to tell his caretakers about some of his problems. Juba shared with her his concern about animals in captivity. "It made me realize how special animals are as teachers to us," she said.
This website and its content, written and artwork is copyright of Jeannie Vos © 2009-2017 JEANNIE VOS ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Animal Communication Ethics
1. I will serve all of my clients with compassion, integrity, love, respect and honesty.
2. I understand that I may perform animal communication only with those animals whose guardians have given their direct consent and permission. I understand that performing an animal communication requested by someone other than the animal's guardian, without their permission is unethical.
3. I respect the privacy of people and animal companions and honor their right for confidentiality.
4. I acknowledge my limitations and will always seek help from veterinary professionals. I am not a veterinarian. I do not diagnose medical conditions. I do not prescribe medicine. I can help interpret animal's symptoms, feelings, pain, health and behavior issues through their telepathic communication with me to facilitate factors contributing to a physical, emotional/behavioral issue. Any information I relay is never intended to replace professional veterinary care.
5. I am committed to practice, continued education, study and spiritual growth so that I may provide the best service possible to all of my clients.
6. I am committed to honoring the equality of all living beings with reverence and dedication.